It can be overwhelming when you want to buy coffee beans at a store or to order a cup of coffee these days. Brazilian or Ethiopian coffee? Single estate or single origin? Dark or light roast? Filter – V60 or Chemex? You may think we are talking gibberish here, but above are all important factors that can determine how a cup of coffee can taste.
In this Coffee Tasting workshop, you will receive a thorough introduction to coffee beans – where do coffee plants grow, how do coffee berries become coffee beans, and what factors influences their flavors? We will then guide you through the different flavors, and brewing methods used in preparing a cup of coffee so that you can discover what kind of coffee you like best.
Similar to wine tasting, coffee tasting requires professional expertise. Our instructor will provide you with extensive details and explanations on how to recognize flavors in coffee – is it sweet like honey, spicy like cinnamon, fruity like strawberry or apple? You will practice your coffee tasting skills by tasting coffee from various origins from around the world, and by comparing coffee brewed using different brewing methods. Through this experience, you will also learn how to brew coffee to your liking as you will be paying attention to factors such as the bean grind size, amount of coffee grind, water temperature, and extraction time.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- How coffee was discovered and how it spread around the world throughout history
- The difference between Arabica and Robusta coffee beans
- The journey from plant to cup (what happens before you can have a cup of coffee?)
- How the roasting process affect the taste of coffee beans
- The different flavors of coffee, and how flavors are affected
- The difference between different brewing methods (espresso machine vs filter coffee)
2 people: € 65,- p.p.
3-4 people: € 59,- p.p.
5-8 people: € 49,- p.p.
The workshop is available in English and Dutch.
Would you like to book a workshop? You can make a reservation online (in Dutch) by clicking on the agenda below.
MAKE A RESERVATION